Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Reading Workshop

Reading Workshop/Daily 5

I found so many great ways to start using Daily 5 Cafe and continue using it. I have literacy workstations and practice Guided Reading in my classroom, but Reading Workshop or Daily 5 is a bit new to me.

Here is a website that has everything you need to get started including parent notes, lesson plans, and workstation cards.

http://www.willoughby-eastlake.k12.oh.us/classroom/technology/daily_5.htm


There are so many awesome websites! More to resources to come!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this link Sara! I am going to start using this program this year, and I am excited and nervous all at the same time. No one in our school uses this system, so I am jumping in alone! I think I'll probably doing Daily 3 in order to still have time for the other content areas though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GREAT Sara! We are starting Balanced Literacy this year and I have heard it is similiar. Thank you for this resource!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky- I am in the same boat as you are. We do literacy stations and guided reading at my school, but after researching Daily 5/ Reading Workshop I found that there is a little more to it. I really like the concept and will continue to post about it as I learn. I like your idea of Daily 3 also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Fay! We do balanced literacy, but this is just a program that is more laid out with resources to go by, so I thought I would try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara - This is great I am saving the site and some documents to use in my classroom this year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara - this is a great start for kids to self assess. I think I am going to try and modify to something I could possibly use for either my math classes, or English classes in 7th grade. Cool resource!!

    ReplyDelete